Saturday 19 May 2012

Day 6

Today turned out to be really busy and I wish days sometimes have more than 24 hours. I started a day with a cup of warm water with lemon, like I do every day. Done some morning workout, bit more than usually as didn't have to rush around to make it to work on time. In the week I try to do at least 15 minutes of morning stretching or bouncing on the mini trampoline, just to wake my body up and give metabolism a kick.
This morning apart from my beloved mini trampoline workout to Jason Vale's DVD I did Level 3 of Jillian Michael's 30 Days Shred DVD workout. I highly recommend this intensive circuit, especially if you don't have much time to exercise. There are 3 levels depending on how fit you are, starting at level one and moving gradually onto level 3 when you know you're ready. Each level is 20 mins of strength, cardio and ab workout, followed by few minutes of stretching. I've been introduced to it by a friend, busy mum of a 1 year old, who praises it to high heavens. Apparently a lot of new mums use it to get rid of the baby fat. Must admit, it does work, especially for my abs :)
After the workout I had my yummylicious smoothie and went for a yoga class at my gym. It was amazing, feel stretched and very relaxed right now. My knee, which has been hurting this morning, feels a lot better too, which means I can go for a run tomorrow.
Today was a Body Shop treat day for me. Having a Love Your Body membership card means I can take advantage of all the amazing offers, which they have quite often. This weekend is a free gift up to £15 value when spending £5!!! Absolute bargain, and I absolutely love bargains!!! My bathroom is now stocked with some more Shea Body Butter and shower gels from the same range. As a free gift I chose one of their fragrances, Limited Edt Sun Kiss scent. Fruity and light will be perfect for the summer. Providing we will actually have summer this year.
Spending most of my day out meant having lunch quite late, today it was a soup, which as always was delicious. 
At dinnertime I got to use my teeth for the first time since last Sunday. Last meal today was a green pesto salad, lovely but I couldn't actually finish it, even though I haven't made the full 1 person's serving. This means that my body is filling up on quality more than quantity now I think. 
That would be it for today, I'm going to treat myself to a bit of pampering now. Love Saturday evening pampering. I might be getting old, but my favourite way of spending Saturday night when my boyfriend isn't here is a hot bath, face mask, glass of wine and a book (this week it's without the wine of course). I don't even miss the nights out clubbing, which seemed so much fun when I was in my teens and early twenties. 

Have a great evening everyone!!! Talk tomorrow!!!
Juice love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment